Richie Collura has more than 20 years of experience in providing forensic accounting, investigative, dispute consulting and auditing services. He has worked with counsel to represent companies, boards of directors, audit and special committees, creditors' committees and lenders. He specializes in conducting large-scale financial investigations and providing complex forensic accounting services. His industry experience includes media and communications, health care, financial services, insurance, manufacturing and real estate.
Richie has extensive experience in investigating allegations involving fraudulent financial reporting, accounting malpractice, misappropriation of assets, embezzlement and kick-back schemes. He also has experience in bankruptcy litigation, including matters involving solvency determinations, preferences, fraudulent conveyances and tracing flow of funds between significant accounts and related parties. Additional experience includes commercial litigation, including matters involving breaches of contract and fiduciary duty, damages analysis and business valuation.
Richie was a director in FTI Consulting’s forensic and litigation consulting practice for nine years. He also worked in the litigation and investigations practice of a global business consulting company. Richie was formerly a senior auditor at Ernst & Young.
Education, Certification & Professional Affiliations
- B.S., Fordham University
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified in financial forensics
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Member of the Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors
- Associate member of the American Bar Association